Moyo is a tomato sauce that consists of fresh tomatoes, some peppers, and spices. Can be blended with boiling first, either way taste delicious. Can be accompanied with any type of fish, fried or smoked. Macquerel fish is used frequently because of its commonality in the country and nutritious value.
- 1 whole macquerel
- 3 cups water
- 2 cups corn flour
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 tsp salt
- 4 tomatoes
- 2 habanero peppers
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp alligator pepper
- 1/2 cube
- 1 jalapeño
- 1/4 yellow onion
- 1/2 fresh tomato
- In a pot, add the 3 cups of water and let it boil.
- In a bowl, add the corn flour and the 1/2 cup of water. Mix it well until you achieve a pasty, lump free mixture.
- Remove 1 cup of boiled water, then set it aside.
- Add the maizena mic in the remaining water while continuously turning to avoid any lumps.
- Add the 1 cup of water set aside and cover for at least 5 minutes. Serve
- On a grilling pan, add the macqerel fish, spread on some palm oil and sprinkle some salt, then bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes
- Cut the tomatoes and add them to a pot, about 1/4 cup of water, along with the habanero pepper.
- Using a small mortar, crush the alligator peppers and add to the boiling tomatoes along with salt and cube.
- Let it boil until the tomatoes are soft, then blend.
- Add the sauce to the fish, then sprinkle some onions, tomatoes, and jalapeños. Bon Appétit!