Peanut soup is a popular dish in Ivory Coast that mainly consists of peanut butter, and we all know peanut has many benefits. The top being heart healthy! Because peanut butter contains more unsaturated fat than saturated fat, it makes it a fat friendly food which lowers the risk of cardiovascular and coronary heart disease, it also helps lower the risk of cancer, and diabetes. Overall peanut soup is a fun dish to make and a must try!
- 1 whole smoked chicken, cut
- 1 tsp adobo spice
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp garlic-ginger mix
- 1/2 onion
- 1/4 savoy cabbage
- 3 carrots
- 1 tsp tomato paste
- 1 fresh tomato
- 1 cup peanut butter
- Serrano pepper (optional)
- Habanero pepper (optional)
– In a pot, add smoked chicken, adobo spice, paprika, 1/4 cut onions, garlic-ginger mix, and black pepper.
– Add water, then let it boil for 10 minutes
– Add tomato paste, remaining 1/4 onion, fresh tomato and let boil.
– Remove onion, fresh tomato and blend, then add mixture back
– Use some of the sauce to dilute peanut paste, then add it back.
– Add salt to taste.
– Peel carrots, then cut in half and add it along with the cabbage.
-Add some water to the bowl used to mix peanut butter to rinse out remaining butter. Then add it to the soup.
– Let it cook under low heat, while slowly turning to prevent from burning.
– Add peppers, then let it cook more until peanut oil start appearing on top.
– Serve with fufu or rice. Bon appetit!